Background

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Monday, April 21, 2014: My One and Only Easter in Mississippi!

This week was just full of adventures! First of all, we were just driving along our country road one day when all of a sudden the car starting beeping at me and this little symbol started flashing on the odometer. Apparently it was saying the engine oil pressure was low (whatever that means) so we stopped and called Elder Edwards, and he told us we couldn't drive the car anymore or we'd kill the engine! To make matters worse, he said he didn't have a car he could give us in exchange. Which is a problem, because going on foot or even on bikes in the country doesn't work! Believe me, we tried. We nearly got attacked by seven stray dogs...and also realized that by the time we got to our appointment, we'd be at least three hours late. 
Lucky for us, Elder Edwards is a magician and managed to conjure up a car for us two days later, so we didn't have to go carless for too long. Thank goodness! I didn't realize how grateful I was to have a car until I had to go without one. 

We got to help the ward out with their Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. It was tons of fun! I didn't realize till then how many primary kids Red Star has in it. I also got to see a family who was visiting from Picayune, which was way happy making! 

We had Skyler's baptism right after the Easter Egg Hunt. We nearly had to have her be baptized in icy cold water because the water heater wasn't working, but we managed to get it going just in time. Michael and Brandee Falvey gave the talks and Madison (aka the sister I never knew I had) and Emma Falvey sang a musical number. I love that family oh so much! 
 
So overall, it was a really good week! Oh, and we had transfer calls! Sister Dailey and I are both staying, which came as no surprise to either of us. We're pretty excited. It doesn't seem like you get to have the same companion for more than two transfers very often. I'm fairly certain she and I were destined to serve with each other--we probably knew each other in the preexistence! Now let's just hope we can find enough work to keep us busy for one more transfer! Prayers would be appreciated!  
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment