Background

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014: First Week in Clinton

So, I don't have pictures once again today. Sorry about that! I really need to get better about taking pictures throughout the day. I'll have some next week, promise! 
I have successfully completed my first week in my third area. Woot! I'm actually really loving this place. Adjusting from Red Star missionary work to regular missionary work was kind of difficult and I miss the members in Red Star like crazy but Clinton is amazing too! The ward is awesome. They're very missionary minded. And when the members are missionary minded you feel like you've got a support team!

My companions are both really good missionaries. Sister Cook is from southern Utah and has been out about 13 months. She's very focused on the work which is awesome. Sister Hansen is originally from Ghana but she was adopted a few years ago by a family in Utah. Pretty cool! She's so sweet. And I could listen to her accent all day! :P

We worked really hard this week. We got to meet a ton of people! Here are a few of my favorites: First, Danielle. She's a nurse for the sister of a less active member in the ward and has been taught by the missionaries for a long while. She wants to be baptized but she doesn't know when. I think she's just nervous about it. But she'll get there! She came to church on Sunday, and brought all four of her kids! Apparently that's the first time she brought her family, so that's a good sign! 

We also visited a girl named Spandy (Her full name is Spandana but that's what she goes by). She is absolutely adorable! She's from India originally, but moved here a few years back. Since then she's pretty much taken care of herself! She's gone to school, gotten a job, an apartment, everything. She's very peppy and just excited about everything and to me, she's very brave for coming out to a different country all by herself. She also says she's going to make me a real Indian dinner. My companions are nervous about it because it was VERY spicy last time. But I'm excited. :) Even if I do burn my whole tongue off, it'll be worth the experience! 

Finally, Wednesday is my nine month mark! How crazy is that? I really don't feel like I've been out that long at all! I'm so old!!! :P If time keeps going this fast I'll be seeing you all soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment