Background

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday, June 3, 2014: Goodbyes are the Worst

So, the time has finally arrived. Sister Dailey and I are leaving Red Star! It was a very bittersweet feeling. Mostly bitter. I've grown to love everyone in Red Star so much and saying goodbye was really hard. And saying goodbye to Sister Dailey is going to be even harder! Lucky for us, we're going to be in the same district! She's going to Florence, and I'm going to Clinton! I'll be sure to get my new address out soon but for now just keep using the mission address if you want to send me anything.

Clinton's only about an hour or so away from Red Star, but it's going to be very different anyway! It's going to be weird to go back to doing "regular missionary work" after all this time--and to have so many people around! Where are all the cows? Why are there so many cars on the road? Oh, well. I'll gradually get used to living in civilization again, I suppose! :P

Anyway, we spent most of last week preparing to leave. The Deans came on Thursday to help us move out of our apartment, so on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, we got to live with my very favorite people, Amanda and Andrew Bodin! I love those guys so much. We had a blast staying with them. We helped Amanda a little bit with getting ready for girls' camp and as payment we got to eat their food and sleep in their beds! I think it's safe to say we got the better end of the deal. AND they left treats for us on our pillows! Like sparklers and shirts and stuff. Yep. We definitely got the better end of the deal!

Then on Sunday and Monday we stayed with the Falveys. I'm glad we had awesome members to take care of us so we didn't have to be homeless all week! We spent most of Monday packing and cleaning the rest of the apartment. It was awful. Sister Dailey and I kept having mini breakdowns where we realized we were really leaving. Nobody ever told me how hard transfers are! You come to love so many people and your area becomes your home, and then you have to leave. And then your new area becomes your home, and you have to leave that too. Not fun at all. But I'm excited to experience Clinton! It's going to be a bit of an adjustment but it'll be alright.

Well, I think that's just about everything! Can't wait to tell you guys about how my first week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment