Background

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Monday, February 2, 2015: Tender Mercies

 Last week we taught a youth Sunday School class for Sister Foote. I'll just say this about that experience: I'd take teaching my 5-6 year old primary class back home over teaching teenagers any day! It was an adventure for sure. We talked about tender mercies the Lord gives us and challenged them to take a picture every day that week of a tender mercy they had seen. They flat out said no! But I thought it was a really good idea so...I decided I'd do it myself. In fact I think I'm gonna do it for the rest of my mission! This way I'll actually bother to update my blog for the next 2 months are so and you guys can see little snippets of Sister Glenn's final adventures in Mississippi. 

So here are my tender mercies from this week. I did miss a few days, but most of them are covered! 

Tuesday I went on exchanges to Oakgrove with Sister Cooper. While tracting we knocked on the door of the sweetest lady! She says she always carries rocks with her in her pocket and when she sees someone having a hard time, she gives them a rock and tells her it's a stress reliever. Then she tells them about her Stress Reliever and Rock, Jesus Christ. Pretty cool! The best part is she says when she doesn't have rocks on her she can still find them anywhere, just like we can still get help from the Savior wherever we go. Oh, and she gave us each a rock before we said goodbye! 

Wednesday Sister Stacey and I had to go to CVS to get a heating pad to help her stomach. While we were there we discovered a mongo giant sale for all the candy you could ever think of...so Sister Stacey ended up walking out of there having spent almost as much on candy as she did for her heating pad! She's hilarious. But she gave these kisses to me and thanked me for helping her and being there for her this transfer. I don't really think I've done anything spectacular, but it sure made me happy :) 

On Friday we got a call from Sister Foote, the branch president's wife. She said she had a feeling she should call us and asked how Sister Stacey was really doing. She admitted she wasn't doing very good. Then Sister Foote said she understood because she's been having stomach problems too and she imagined since it's the end of the month, we were probably scraping the bottom of the barrel and therefore Sister Stacey was probably eating things that weren't great on her stomach. So she said, "I'm going to go to the store and get you some things that will be better for your stomach. So this is everything she brought by! And it really was a blessing because with the prescriptions and doctor visits we've both had to pay for, we were sort of scraping the bottom of the barrel like she thought. Thank goodness we have such kind people in the world who follow the promptings of the Spirit. 

Saturday Laurel had it's very first Mardi Gras parade! Probably the only one I'll ever go to cause it's family friendly, ha ha. It was a lot of fun! We went with a recent convert and a few of her friends. The parades threw out bead necklaces and small toys so that was fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment